The County Clerk, not to be confused with the Clerk of Court, is the official custodian of records for actions taken by the Board of Commissioners. Responsibilities include preparing and publishing agendas, preparing minutes and informational packets or notebooks for Board meetings, distributing Board actions, and maintenance of records for the Board of Commissioners. The County Clerk accepts Open Records Requests for the Board of Commissioners.
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares and distributes agendas and related documents and attends all Commission meetings.
- Prepares informational notebooks and packets for the Board of Commissioners, County Manager, County Attorney, and media packets for the press. Makes copies of the agenda and other documents as needed to be distributed to the public at meetings.
- Obtains signatures on all official documents and distributes to the appropriate personnel.
- Prepares minutes of Board meetings and distributes/posts approved minutes.
- Provides requested records/information regarding public records of the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensures that County ordinances are codified in a timely manner as required by State law. Assists in assuring compliance with Open Meetings/Open Records Act.
- Ascertains training schedules for the Board of Commissioners and County Manger, scheduling the same, and confirms that Commissioners have completed required training courses/hours.
- Maintains information on appointees, terms, etc. for all Boards, Commissions, and Authorities. Advertises vacancies, accepts and distributes applications, on behalf of and to, the Board of Commissioners.
- Assists the Board of Commissioners and County Manager with special projects, public information initiatives, and other administrative matters.
- Assists in reviewing and updating policies, procedures, ordinances, etc. as needed.
- Coordinates administrative issues with, and provides assistance to, other County Department Directors as needed.
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
For further information and documents on services from the County Clerk, please see the sidebar content to the right.