The Habersham County Airport Commission was established in November 2015 by the Habersham County Board of County Commissioners. The Airport Commission is responsible for advising the County Manager, his/her designee, and the Board of Commissioners on many aspects of the maintenance and operation of the Habersham County Airport.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Educating and advising the County on applicable FAA regulations
- Proposing rules, regulations and policies for Airport operation
- Proposing by-laws for the Commission for submission to and approval by the BOCC
- Reporting maintenance needs as they arise
- Serving as a liaison between the FBO (Fixed Base Operator) and the County
- Representing the interests of pilots and other users or tenants of the Airport
- Assisting in the development on marketing strategies for the Airport
- Assisting in the further development of Airport facilities
- Recommending operation and maintenance changes as such may arise
The Airport Commission consists of five members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners for three year terms.
Click on the links to the right for more information and meeting schedules.