The Information Technology (IT) Department works with various Habersham County departments and agencies to provide comprehensive data processing and telecommunications services using the latest technology and high speed connectivity. The IT Department also provides prompt and professional computer hardware and software support to those departments and their employees.
The Habersham County IT Department is responsible for the following:
- Maintaining a reliable, stable and secure computer network system for the employees of Habersham County
- Maintaining Windows network infrastructure by adding, changing, and removing users from network systems as requested by various departments and agencies
- Supporting county-owned software applications including database maintenance, and report writing
- Maintaining public access terminals in county offices
- Maintaining wireless hot spots in various county buildings for employee and public access
- Maintaining the county website and judicial records web server
- Adding, changing or upgrading technology hardware as needed
- Providing desktop technical support for all county users
- Maintaining secure Internet connections and Email service for county offices
- Providing 24x7x365 emergency support to county law enforcement agencies and Central Dispatch
The IT Director is responsible for seeing that these responsibilities are completed in a professional and timely manner. The IT Director is also responsible for creating and maintaining a department budget and seeing that the department operates within that budget. The IT Director is also the Chief Technology Officer and works directly with other officials, department heads and vendors to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget.
The IT Department is also responsible for long-range planning for the expansion and improvement of the county computer network.