Listing of Department Closings and Restrictions
UPDATED 8/04/2020 AT 12:45 PM
Habersham County continues to monitor the effects of COVID-19 and will make changes to our operations as needed in response to the pandemic.
- Administration Building: Departments have limited public access to lobby areas only (unless there is an appointment) with a maximum of two people allowed in any lobby at a time. Handwashing before entering the Administration Building is required.
- Airport Terminal Building: The Airport Terminal building is open. Handwashing before conducting business is required.
- Animal Shelter/Animal Care and Control: The Animal Shelter is open for adoptions and drop-offs by appointment. Please call 706-839-0195 or CLICK HERE to schedule an appointment. Volunteers may also schedule a time to come in. HCACC will be limiting the number of people allowed in the building.
- Aquatic Center/Parks and Recreation: Please see the New Release located under Latest News on our home page for details regarding all field and facility openings. Please contact email@example.com or 706-839-0234 for assistance.
- Commission Meetings: All Board of Commissioner meetings will have limited in-person access in an effort to comply with the Governor’s Executive Order on public gatherings. No more than 50 people will be allowed in any meeting space and social distancing will be enforced. If necessary, overflow rooms may need to be utilized where meetings can be viewed via live-stream. Members of the public will still have access to meetings via teleconference if they do not wish to attend in person. Please check Public Notices under the "Be In The Know" section on the home page of www.habershamga.com, for meeting notices and dial-in information. Please contact 706-839-0200 and press "9" for questions regarding Commission meetings.
- Courthouse/Superior Court: The Courthouse is open. Courts have been closed for jury trials, jury service, calendar calls, arraignments, and motions calendars until further notice. Superior Court operations have been scaled back and Juries and Grand Jury are cancelled through July12th. Accountability Courts are no longer having in-person contact in the offices but can be reached at 706-839-0345. Leave a voicemail and the call will be returned from a blocked number. Please call the Clerk of Court at 706-839-0300 or the Courthouse Security Desk at 706-839-0568 for assistance.
- Elections: The Elections and Voter Registration office is open. Handwashing before conducting business is required.
- Emergency Services: Stations are restricted from public and non-essential access until further notice. Anyone wishing to enter a fire station must first call 706-778-3911.
- Extension Office: The office has reopened. Please contact 706-754-2318 for more information.
- Facilities Maintenance: The Facilities Maintenance building has reopened and staff has resumed normal business hours.
- Fleet Maintenance: The Fleet Maintenance building is restricted from public and non-essential access until further notice. Please contact 706-839-0187 for assistance.
- Public Defender’s Office: The Public Defender’s office reopened June 1st. Visitors are required to wear masks at all times and are limited to the lobby only. Please contact 706-839-0360 for assistance.
- Recycling Centers: The Cornelia Recycling Center, located at 507 Nicolon Dr. in Cornelia, will be temporarily closed Thursdays and Fridays beginning Thursday June 11, 2020 and will only be open Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. The Clarkesville Recycling Center, located at 4142 Toccoa Hwy. in Clarkesville, will be closed on Thursdays beginning Thursday June 11, 2020 and will only be open on Fridays and Saturdays until further notice.
- Senior Center/Senior Wellness Center: The Senior Center building has reopened for activities and congregate meals. Clients must call to make meal reservations. The Senior Center Wellness building and programs have resumed. Exercisers must call to reserve a spot. Please contact 706-839-0260 for assistance.
- Transit: Public Transit is operating as usual. Priority is given to trips to pharmacies, grocery stores, and medical appointments. Physical separation is required. Transit operates from 7am to 4pm Monday through Friday. Please contact 706-839-0167 for assistance.