The Physical Health Department protects and promotes the health of the community. Physical health is a vital force in the evolving health system, offering preventive and cost effective services which are family centered and provided in a culturally responsive manner. Physical health is a fundamental resource for preventing disease and promoting health.
The Physical Health Department provides services designed to help ensure the health of the public. Appointments necessary for all programs. These services are broken into four different groups.
- Family Planning: Counseling and a comprehensive physical exam with a pap smear, anemia screening, nutritional counseling, pregnancy testing if necessary, and several forms of birth control are available.
- BreasTest and More: This program provides breast screening and follow-up at low or no cost for low income, uninsured women ages 40-64 and women 35-39 who have symptoms suspicious for breast cancer.
- Blood Pressure Clinic: This is a blood pressure program for clients who do not have insurance and are not eligible for Medicaid or Medicare. A physician is available once monthly for the evaluation and treatment of high blood pressure. Enrollment is limited.
- Immunizations: Adult vaccines and most travel vaccines are available. Appointment is necessary. Travel consultation fee is required. We follow guidelines of the Georgia Immunization program, CDC and the (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.
- Immunizations: Vaccine is provided by the Georgia Immunization Program. Children with insurance and vaccine coverage should see private physician. Children under age 18 years, those on Medicaid or Peachcare, those without insurance or health insurance that doesn't pay for vaccine or and American Indian or Alaska native are eligible to receive vaccine. Please bring Immunization Record if available.
- Hearing/Vision/Dental Examinations: Screenings are available for children entering public school kindergarten or Georgia schools for the first time. Referrals are provided if necessary. Examinations are also available for adults.
- Health Check: Complete child health physical examinations and referral services for children up to age 21 on Medicaid or Peachcare.
- School Health: Scoliosis exams done yearly in grades 6 and 8.
- Children First: Identify, screen, track, and coordinate services for high risk children ages birth to 3rd birthday to reduce infant mortality and preventable health and developmental problems.
- Other Children's Health Services
|Hearing (includes School Certificate 3300)
| Vision (includes School Certificate 3300)
|Dental (includes School Certificate 3300)
|School Certificate 3300 purchased separately
| Lead Screening
- Pregnancy Testing: Pregnancy confirmation by urine testing. Referrals and other appointments made.
Presumptive Medicaid: Medicaid eligibility determined in the Health Department for women who qualify will have medical expenses covered immediately.
- Perinatal Case Management: Counseling, health and nutrition education offered to pregnant women. Service coordination and support services also available.
- Pregnancy Related Services: Home visits by a nurse to assess mother and baby upon discharge from the hospital. This visit is to identify any problems mom or baby may have. If interested in this service call the health department within a few days after delivery.
- Other Services: Tuberculosis Skin Test (X-rays, treatment and prevention when indicated), Blood Pressure Screening. All tests require return to clinic after 3 days for results
- W.I.C.: Nutrition counseling and food vouchers for eligible women, infants and children. Call 706-778-7156 for eligibility requirements.
- Teen Center: An abstinence based center for teenagers where abstinence skills are taught and encouraged. Health assessments, nutritional counseling, and referrals are made when necessary.
- Lab Tests: Routine lab work done in each clinic. Other lab work available with a physician's order.
- Photo Scanner
Mailing Address: 185 Scoggins Drive Demorest, GA 30535
Location: 185 Scoggins Drive Demorest, GA 30535
Phone: 706-778-7156 Fax: 706-776-7694
Faye Armour, Nurse/Manager