The Fairgrounds Commission was created by the Board to assist in the utilization and supervision of the subject property.
The Habersham County Fairgrounds Commission was created by the Habersham County Board of Commissioners. This commission operates under the supervision of the County Board of Commissioners. Recommendations made by this commission are to be presented to the Board of Commissioners for their approval. The commission shall exist at the pleasure of the Board.
Fairgrounds Commission Power and Authority
- Schedule with the sheriff’s department and other law enforcement agencies for traffic control and security during events
- Issue permits for vendors during scheduled events and functions
- Do any and all acts and things necessary to accomplish the purpose and powers.
Fairgrounds Commission Duties (illustrative only – not all inclusive):
- Prepares, adopts and recommends a fee schedule for use of the grounds by public or private parties or entities. The Commission may make recommendations to update fee schedules as deemed necessary.
- Maintains and is responsible for the scheduling of events
- Collects fees from users to be delivered to the Board
- Maintenance (schedules for maintenance and clean-up with county departments)
- Members attend meetings on the 4th Thursday of all months except November and December.
- Meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and last about an hour or more.
The Commission shall consist of eleven members with representation consisting as follows:
One person from the Habersham County Board of Commissioners
- Two persons from the Chattahoochee Mountain Fair Association
- Two persons from the Habersham County Extension Service
- Two persons from the Cattlemen’s Association
- Two persons from the Soque Saddle Club
- Two persons named at large from Habersham County
- Private Sector
- 3 years – Rotation Cycle (New terms begin on July 1st each year)