Habersham County Manager Janeann Allison manages the daily operation of the county government. She serves as a liaison between the board of commissioners and the public, as well as between the commissioners and the county department directors.
The County manager is responsible for:
- ensuring that the County Commission's policies are carried out
- Assisting commissioners in developing those policies and other goals
- Providing administrative leadership to the departments of the county government
- Developing and presenting an annual budget
- Striving for efficiency, effectiveness and innovation in the delivery and funding of services
- Serving as a liaison between the commissioners and other elected officials
The goal of the county manager is to ensure that county services are delivered in a courteous and professional manner and to enhance the image of the county. Office hours are 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
County Manager - Janeann Allison
County Commission Staff Members
555 Monroe Street, Unit 20, Clarkesville, GA 30523
Crystal Ward, County Clerk
Lynn Merritt, Director of Human Resources
Jason Tinsley, Finance Officer / Assistant County Manager
The Assistant County
Manager, Jason Tinsley, reports directly to the County Manager
and advises her on all aspects of county government. Jason also directly
supervises the County Finance Department as the County's Finance Director and
the County's Rural Transit System.
Jason has worked for
Habersham County since November of 2006. He has a
Masters Degree in City Management (MCM) from the Graduate School of Business at
East Tennessee State University (ETSU) and a Bachelor of Science in Political
Science also from ETSU. Prior to joining Habersham
County, Jason was a Senior Management
& Budget Analyst for Leon County, FL in Tallahassee
and worked as the Assistant to the County
Administrator in Wise County, VA.
Jason is a native of
Cleveland, TN. Jason and his wife Mary Lynn reside in Clarkesville, GA
with their three sons.
555 Monroe Street,
Unit 20, Clarkesville, GA 30523
Phone: 706-839-0200 Fax: 706-839-0219